Thursday, July 24, 2008

One mans trek to see a fat man...

So... as per the instructions of my chief editor, and to get reimbursed for the trip and count the business expense... I am creating a blog of my visit to LA!

So... lets see... how did the day start off?

First... woke up at 4:30 am Yes... it was dark ... a little TOO dark.

Then I walked my dog. Gosh I sure do love that dog!!!



Then took a shower...
(yes, that's really me...perverts!)



Then I got in my car and got the Navigon tuned in and mapped out.

Time? Now 6:30 am
Next... went and got coffee and donuts...you know... the messy kind... 1 cream, 1 sugar for the coffee(s) and away I go!

Ok... now on the road to face San Diego rush hour traffic ... HOLEY MOTHER OF GOD !!! WHO IS EVEN AWAKE AT THIS HOUR?!?!?!


But that's ok... I have my Sirius radio set to ... Made me wonder... What ever happened to Huey Lewis and The News? Gosh I sure do miss them!

oh dear god... I need more coffee!!! Oh! that's right! I had an extra!!!
Sweet baby jesus I am happy again! Few things bring such happiness and joy when I put them in my mouth!


I arrive finally in LA with some time to spare... so I decide to take a few moments to have a bite to eat at a delicious little place called "Cafe Verana "

If you are ever on La Brea Street in LA... you simply MUST go!!!

Finally 10:30 am arrives and time for me to go meet The Fat man!!!


Appearances were made... laughs were had...and the show ended.

Then I had my chance to finally have my picture taken!

Ah... that was F-U-N!!! I can die a happy man, and as close to being with celebrity as I could ever hope for!!


Afterwords, Doria, Collin, Frank and I all went BACK to Cafe Verana for a bit 'o' lunch


Frank ordered some a sandwich, and tea, Doria ordered some pasta, and I ordered some pasta as well. I was able to finish most of mine... but WW points be damned... Frank was a clean platter! (to be fair, I thought the food was pretty good!) And Frank DID share a portion of his meal with Collin... teaching him bad manners. (much to Doria's "delight"!)

We talked a little bit of "shop"... some other stuff about pop culture, and various things, and a good time was had by all... or at least me!!!

And then it was time for Frank to keep his appointment at Target.

Then after a long day, time to head back to San Diego... with lots of memories and fond times dancing in my head!

The End.

5 comments:

duane said...

That looks like fun. Road trips are fun...:)

It was nice to hear you on the radio, too, JD...:D

Paul in MA said...

I have the full picture of your shower scene ... I'll be making postcards to sell later in the year

Glad you enjoyed your day off! Doria's glass eye is barely visible in the picture

D&C said...

We'll take a copy! Laminated, of course. Either JD is really tall or FDeC is REALLY short. We see Doria has shoved her tatas front and center.

Paul in MA said...

Not sure how tall JD is ... as long as he fits into a standard sling it's all good

D&C said...

LOL -- wheeeeeeeee!